Customer Care Representative, Supporting Benefits & HR Services
Alight Solutions is looking for a Customer Care Representative to support our Benefits & HR Services clients.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Customer Care business group within Alight Solutions in The Woodlands, TX. As a Customer Care Representative you will work in a dynamic call center environment providing customer care and consultation to our clients’ employees.
Your Impact as a Customer Care Representative
- Handle a high volume of inbound calls from our clients’ employees as well as conduct outbound calls for follow up as required
- Greet the employee, answer concerns and questions, educating them and solving complex issues relating to their health care benefits, 401k savings, life benefits, retirement plans, leave of absence, payroll and/or human resource related services
- Processing transactions such as, but not limited to, health enrollments, tax updates, direct deposit updates, 401k withdrawals or contributions, and retirement elections
- Utilize your interpersonal skills and extensive on-the-job training to provide professional, knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, and responsive customer service with appropriate empathy statements as needed
- Recognize / acknowledge the need for additional research in order to resolve any issues reported by the customer, and handle this casework throughout shift
- Access customer accounts and product information, by toggling between multiple screens and systems, to provide accurate answers and support within the parameters of Alight Solutions policies and procedures. Website navigation for the employee may be needed as well
- Create and update employee files in database, as authorized
- Communicate with third parties to assist the caller with updates or inquiries
- Stay current on Alight’s programs and services through on-going training provided by Alight Solutions and self-study
- Stay current on client’s programs and provisions through on-going training
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- At least 4 years of customer service experience, or a combination of education and experience:
- High School diploma and 4 years of customer service experience, OR
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years or customer service experience, OR
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A self-starter who has excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the desire to provide the highest level of customer care and satisfaction
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and dependable in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to receive constructive feedback, and apply it immediately and consistently
- Ability to multi-task using several Windows applications at once while assisting a customer on the phone
- Flexibility to work a specified shift and extended hours as necessary
- Experience in one of these industries is preferred: Health Care, Human Resources Services or Financial Services
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, or a High School diploma plus equivalent years of related industry experience
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization:
- A full Benefits Package - starting on your first day of employment – options include: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance and a 401k plan with a corporate match.
- People Matter is one of our company’s core values. We are mindful that our actions affect the lives of millions in meaningful ways, through the work we do for our clients, our relationships with each other, and the contributions we make to our local and global communities.
- Diversity programs to ensure Alight promotes an inclusive, open culture with diversity in thought and style
- A corporate Wellbeing program (physical, social, emotional and financial wellbeing) that creates an environment and culture where leadership and colleagues are engaged, healthy and high performing.
- Career Development & Growth: We provide ongoing training, coaching and development. We reward continuous improvement and encourage you to own your own development. Our Customer Care incentive program, DRIVE, allows you to take control of your career and growth. This program provides you with the foundation you need to lead to a path of success.
Our Colleague Experience:
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.