Alight Solutions Is Looking For A Workday Payroll Consultant (multiple consultant levels)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Deployment Solutions business group within Alight Solutions. The team may consider a virtual resource if the ideal applicant is not located near one of the Alight Solutions locations.
Your Impact As A Workday Payroll Consultant
- Responsible for actively participating in all stages of the Workday project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment.
- Become an expert in the Workday product suite, specializing and deepening skill set within payroll.
- Develops working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as external clients.
- Shares knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
- Understands business requirements, configures the solution, develops prototype systems and assists with testing.
- Performs principal consultant duties on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- Understands and follows Workday Implementation methodologies, using it consistently on all projects.
- Helps train and mentor new Workday resources within the organization.
- Provides the project manager with status reports and keeps them informed regarding overall project status.
- Recognizes business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and best practices and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team.
- Completes assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
- Understands the value of a project plan, suggests the need for resources for tasks or areas assigned, adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information to the Central Desktop.
- Understands the basics of client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client. Communicates client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to client needs.
- Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keeps information confidential, as warranted.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3 years of previous consulting experience implementing Payroll system such as Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ADP or other SaaS software solutions
- Workday Payroll Certification will be given preference
- Ability to be effectively and actively engaged on multiple, parallel projects
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision
- Demonstrates strong work ethics, setting an example for others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Successful completion of the Workday HCM Services Core and Workday Payroll certifications or currently Workday HCM / Payroll Certified is a requirement of the role
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, or relevant field of study
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions:
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Aon business units.