Alight Solutions Is Looking For A Workday HCM Lead Functional Consultant / Architect
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Deployment Solutions (CDS) business group within Alight Solutions. The team may consider a virtual resource if the ideal applicant is not located near one of the Alight Solutions locations.
Your Impact As A Workday Lead Consultant
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation.
- A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday implementations.
- Individuals in this role are expected to either:
1) Manage and guide a team a small team of individuals as well as to take on a lead role within any project in which they may serve as an active participant OR
2) Become the lead Subject Matter Expert within the Human Capital Management (HCM) functional area of Workday. In this role, they will provide thought leadership in the area both within Cloud Deployment Solutions and the broader Workday ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, define and document complex business requirements and processes.
- Lead design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
- Understand the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage multiple, parallel projects using exceptional organizational and time management techniques to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Manage Workday implementations through the various lifecycle stages, from business need through design and delivery.
- Perform principal consultant duties as the lead functional or technical consultant on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- As the Lead Consultant within the HCM functional area of Workday, will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in this area, guide, recommend and lead the team through the project.
- Provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participate in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- The Subject Matter Expert will provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participate in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- Monitor progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Communicate client feedback to leadership as appropriate.
- Suggest improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answer all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility for corporate funds, materials and resources.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the technology and participates in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices.
- Contribute to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information to the Central Desktop.
- Understand IT impact to the overall business and the purpose and process of operating plans.
- Understand quality standards for own work and monitor and manage work of team members, provide feedback as appropriate.
- Complete assigned tasks in prescribed timelines consistent with deliverables and ask for support and direction as appropriate.
- May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as an Alight People Manager.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 5 years previous experience implementing HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions and has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation.
- Workday HCM certification required.
- Proven experience with Workday implementations and has completed at least one, preferably two fully cycle implementations.
- Able to lead an implementation and provide guidance to team members.
- Previous program/project management experience required.
- Previous consulting experience as an external consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Able to coach, develop and grow colleagues.
- Shares personal work experiences with co-workers in an effort to coach and develop the team.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organization.
- Represents the company and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Possesses strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, business or financial discipline or relevant field of study.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions:
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.