Alight Solutions Is Looking For a Senior Oracle/SQL Server DBA - Virtual
In this role, you will be working with a team of highly trained DBA’s to support Oracle, MongoDB and SQL Server projects, integration with 3rd party oncall/bau partner. Specific activities will include new builds, continuous improvements, upgrades, migrations, implementations, setting and enforcing standards, configuration, performance tuning. SQL Server, Oracle DBA and virtualiztion experience is required.
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, managing, and administer databases like Oracle, MongoDB in Linux environment and SQL server in a Windows environment
- Responsible for strategically plan, design, build, implement, manage, and support large mission critical databases to meet established service levels
- Candidate should be able to uphold high standards, learn and adopt new methodologies and tackle new challenges in everyday work. We want our DBA to be on the cutting edge of technologies constantly seeking self-improvement.
- Experience with backup/recovery, sizing and space management, tuning, diagnostics, and proficient with administering multiple databases (Oracle, MongoDB, SQL)
Responsible for working with development teams in evaluating new database technologies and provide SME guidance to development teams
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX operating system and advanced shell scripting
- Expertise in managing SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using SQL Server monitoring utilities such as Idera SQLdm, BMC Patrol, NewRelic, Spotlight, SQLSentry
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Experience in backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering
- Ability to write and maintain scripts written in shell unix scripts, perl,
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components
- Service Management expertise using SNow will be considered a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Experience with Cloud database hosting providers AWS EC2, Azure VM and Azure SQL Database
- Experience in a technical database engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations, etc
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune packages, procedures and functions a plus
- Experience with tuning and monitoring tools such as OEM, and other third-party tools
- Proficiency with partitioning, advanced queuing, distributed transactions, materialized views/snapshots, etc
- Experience with Oracle database utilities such as RMAN, sql loader, exp, imp, data pump, Data Guard etc
- Experience in MongoDB installation and Replicasets / Sharded Cluster Setup
- Knowledge of MongoDB native encryption
Troubleshooting & Performance tuning of MongoDB Clusters
Experience managing on-premises Mongodb Management Service (MMS)
- Experience installing SQL developer, enterprise editions.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving and communication skills
- Willing to learn new database technologies and adopt to business needs Nice-to-have skills:
- Knowledge Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10 + years’ experience of administrating SQL Server and/or Oracle database systems for senior role.
- 5 + years’ experience as an Oracle DBA with strong PL/SQL experience
- 2 + years’ as a MongoDB DBA
- 2 + years’ as a SQL server DBA
Soft Skills required
- Attention to Detail
- Possess a keen interest within SQL technologies by understanding new current/forthcoming versions (e.g. SQL 2017, etc.)
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
- Must have a passion for providing excellent support to all types of users as well as impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess organizational proficiencies to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player and have the ability to interact with multiple levels of personnel within the organization
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.