Alight Solutions Is Looking For An AMS Workday Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our AMS business group within Alight Solutions.
Your Impact As An AMS Workday Consultant
- Understands business requirements, configures the solution, develops prototype systems and assists with testing.
- Performs principal consulting duties as a lead on Workday and client driven changes, responsible for managing and executing the requirements, analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Communicates effectively with team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Recognizes business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures. Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team.
- Completes his or her own assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
- Understands the value of a project plan, adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information.
- Understands the importance of client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client. Communicates client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to client needs.
- Often a team lead, providing guidance, instruction and coaching to more junior team members both onsite and offshore.
- Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Develops estimates and high level scope and timing
- Responsible for evaluating integration trends and overall integration health, recognizing business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Active participant in implementation to BAU KT sessions.
- Develops root cause summary for integration related incidents
- Keeps requirements, design, process and other technical documentation current
- Primary for impact assessment of integration failures, delays or Workday Outages and communicating to Integration manager and AMS account managers. Also, responsible for reviewing community alerts for possible impact.
- Consults on other Aon Hewitt Solutions and technologies and how they interact with Workday, ie EFTs, MoveIT, TBA, etc.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant field of study.
- Workday certification or Workday experience preferred.
- Three plus years previous experience implementing/supporting HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions or has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation.
- Experience implementing/supporting Workday, Peoplesoft, Oracle, other SaaS based applications or similar is preferred.
- Previous consulting experience preferred, either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Previous analyst experience, technical or functional, expected.
- Familiarity or prior work experience with object oriented programming, API’s, XML rendering, XLT’s, webservices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.