Alight Is Looking For A Programmer Analyst Advanced
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Product Configuration and Implementation business group within Alight.
Your Impact As A Programmer Analyst Advanced
The Programmer Analyst Advanced (PAA) is responsible for converting client requirements into clear analysis artifacts and test plans. The PAA delivers analysis to create efficient batch processes and best meet the needs of our clients. The PAA supports the Programmer Analyst (PA) with programming and testing batch systems, and analyzes and amends complex system errors. The role provides coaching to PAs in both technical and business domain knowledge. The PAA is a role that requires strong technical expertise as well as analysis skills.
- Work with Domain Manager (DM) or Benefits Service Manager (BSM) to clarify requirements.
- Provide service specific expertise for batch analysis to create comprehensive analysis specifications, and incorporate recommended updates to analysis based on review.
- Design test plans (unit, integration, regression, and acceptance) for batch centric tasks.
- Assist and coordinate in test planning with Systems Analysts (SAs) and Lead Systems Analysts (LSAs) for batch tasks with configuration (e.g., event flows, transactions).
- Incorporate updates to test plans based on review.
- Develop batch processes for mission critical, highly complex and urgent assignments.
- Deliver analysis and test plans to PAs for programming and testing work.
- Coach PAs on programming, testing, and defects.
- Review analysis and test plan documentation updates and evaluate the results of the test execution.
- Support production jobs through burn in period, ensure successful completion of critical batch jobs, and resolve production issues when notified.
- Provide technical expertise with internal and external users regarding interfaces or batch process.
You bring Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years related work experience (2-3 years at Alight in Programmer Analyst role).
- Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.