Alight Solutions Is Looking For a Litigation and Employment Law Paralegal
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Law Department within Alight Solutions in Lincolnshire, IL.
Paralegal responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing in-house case administration and reporting from Alight’s matter management system including case intake, categorization of new claims, and maintaining and updating a docket of all pleading/response deadlines and court obligations on all cases;
- Managing service of process across Alight;
- Collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders, Alight attorneys and outside counsel on document collection and other information needed for fact investigation of claims/litigation and responses to third-party information requests and subpoenas;
- Assisting with preparation and revision of position statements in response to pending claims;
- Preparing and circulating legal holds;
- Preparing and coordinating E-discovery requests, while working closely with Information Technology Department or ESI vendors for submission to outside counsel’s data and document production management;
- Assisting with immigration related matters as assigned, including liaising with outside counsel and internal clients to secure necessary documents for visa processing;
- Undertaking other key projects as determined by legal department leadership.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Share Alight’s purpose and values, including high ethical standards, teamwork, client service, work ethic and positive attitude;
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information to senior management and various business colleagues and successfully impact decision-making;
- Experience performing legal support duties including interacting with government investigators, opposing and outside counsel, internal business clients and vendor;
- Demonstrated experience with service of process and requirements in various states;
- Task-oriented with an excellent sense of prioritization, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities and work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment and handle conflicting time demands with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience with legal research services (i.e. Lexis, Westlaw) and sources including online research tools and PACER;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of legal ethics rules and handle highly confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Paralegal Certificate
- Familiarity with in-house corporate law department
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years work experience as a litigation support paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Aon business units.