Workday Payroll Analyst Advanced
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cloud Services business group within Alight Solutions, in The Woodlands, TX.
Workday Payroll Analyst Advanced
- Educates colleagues and clients while serving as a subject matter expert Researches and provides input and support about industry and company best practices.
- Support, lead, or ensure the standardization of processes in accordance with Alight's best practices.
- Works to identify and implement ideas for improving the domain specific offer and methodologies.
- Provide feedback on new products, services and projects.
- Works to support system changes through the change request process both internally and with the client.
Client Relationship Management
- Gains an understanding of processes and documentation to support client or service transitions.
- Communicates effectively with the client and internal partners for analysis/resolution of issues or project impacts.
- Discusses any issues identified and their impact on service delivery in required meetings.
- Leads client interaction and facilitation on client touch points.
- Creates detailed functional business requirement specifications and ensures proper testing hand-offs for integration testing.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews and stakeholder workshops for projects.
- Monitors the scope throughout the project and ensure the scope is baselined, and that any changes requested to the scope are evaluated for project impact and business need for projects.
- Provides status reports and communicate changes in process for project assignments.
- Assists in post-project Quality Assurance (QA) and knowledge management.
- Manages workload for domain and global team aligned colleagues including ad-hoc project deliverables. Estimates, schedules and directs all work activities related to projects.
- Leads complex inter-domain projects.
- Identify issues and drives change for related improvements.
- Works with third-party providers (both Alight partners and client partners) to ensure seamless process delivery.
- Leads process improvements for existing processes and support creation of new processes with emphasis on up/down stream impacts. Ensures that the process flows are complete and within the defined scope for projects.
- Identify and resolve escalations or complex issues with strong emphasis to associated patterns, trends, and root cause analysis.
- Meets aligned Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Guides and supports client delivery for new and existing colleagues.
- Determines when inquiries are beyond the scope of responsibilities of Alight and/or team and escalates as appropriate.
- Supports the internal and external Change Request process, including scoping and costing.
- Assists with documentation and lead or support maintenance of release notes/training.
- Supports and oversees offshoring initiatives.
- Supports and provide investigation on regulatory and compliance issues (if applicable) and ensure reporting of same to management.
- Leads/represents domain in meeting with other teams/domains to develop/refine process execution.
- Ensures the service delivery model is being followed by challenging requested custom functionality and offering alternative solutions.
- Assist in annual Business Continuity preparation events
- ACH Returns and NOC
- Deduction maintenance
- Manage incoming checks and JV
- Pay input
- Positive pay file
- Process Annual Employee Elective Files (United Way, etc.)
- Stop payments/reissues
- Bonus/Commission Pay Input
- Check Print Validation
- Check Reversals
- Create Manual Check (Online or Manual)
- Deposit Federal, State, and Local Taxes
- Escheatment/Support Process
- Expatriate Processing
- Gross Ups/Impute Income
- Interface Management
- Mass Load & Balancing
- Other Imputed Income Processing
- Payroll Balancing
- Payroll Funding – Gross or Net
- Payroll Validation and QA (Defensive Queries)
- Periodic Funding for Tax Liability
- Reconcile Other Payroll Related Accounts
- Year-end Activities
- Calculate Over/Under Payments
- Data Integrity Edit Report Validation
- International Assignee Pay Input
- Payroll Processing – Leave Processing
- Research Assessments/Notices
- Run Off Cycle Calc/Confirm Jobs
- Stock Option Processing
- W-2, W-2C, and 1099 Processing
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a Business, Human Resources or Workforce Administration environment.
- 2 to 3 plus years of payroll operations experience required.
- Excels at problem identification and resolution using established practices
- Knowledge and/or experience with a case management system.
- Advanced domain-specific knowledge and expertise including best practices and delivery model.
- Strong understanding and experience in executing on project methodology.
- Ability to refine processing procedures based on “big picture” understanding.
- Skilled at delivering presentations to large groups, management, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced understanding of client requirements and provides advice through consulting.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines identifying and closing gaps in processes and procedures within and across domains.
- Adheres to internal and external audit requirements for specific clients.
- Experience working with Microsoft office Suite including MS Project.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use requirements gathering tools.
- BA, BS in Business, or equivalent degree or work experience required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.