Alight Solutions is Looking for A WorkForce Software IT Senior Business Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions within Alight Solutions.
The Senior Business Analyst role is responsible for defining and delivering the product vision, overall scope, and high-level client requirements. This role is the owner of all requirements and manages the requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation process and overall requirements gathering strategy. This role acts as the gatekeeper of the agreed scope, by owning the Change Management process for the project.
This role typically works with two or more Business Analysts/Process Analysts in documenting and communicating the business requirements and managing change requests with respect to requirements.
This role retains expert resource responsibilities, increasing depth and breadth across complete products, in a given domain(s).
- Requirements Management Strategy
- Define the requirements management strategy for a project.
- Own and manage the Requirement plan and its traceability to scope / vision.
- Coordinate reviews and sign off to analysis/requirements deliverables with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and update applicable requirements documents for plan provisions, extracts, administrative events, and delivery channels.
- Resolve open requirements items and manage the client to deadlines as it relates to the requirements definition process.
- Define or review requirements for change controls as needed.
- Work with all stakeholders to understand change drivers and requested change and its impact.
- Coordinate prioritization and approval of changes.
- Track requirements to final delivery by performing appropriate quality reviews on technology and test deliverables.
- Understand the business issues and data challenges of client organization and industry.
- Identify and analyze information related to existing client systems.
- Define and document the qualitative and/or quantitative assessment of client current state.
- Complete detailed analysis on service modules and units to ensure consistency with client requirements.
- Scoping & vision
- Work collaboratively with the business sponsor to fully define the scope of the business idea and develop the vision.
- Elaborate the business problem that is to be solved, define high-level stakeholder requests, and determine development alternatives.
- Work with the business sponsors, SME's, designers, usability specialists, and systems analysts to refine the project vision.
- Baseline the vision. Evaluate any changes to the vision based on project impact and business need.
- Requirements Gathering, Documentation, & Analysis
- Define the stakeholders for a project and conduct stakeholder interviews.
- Lead client requirement meetings to elicit and understand the client's needs/requirements.
- Lead systems requirements meetings to identify issues and complete the scoping.
- Define and prioritize business requirements to shape the scope of the development effort.
- Review client requirements and perform gap and/or impact analysis.
- Identify any requirements, which deviate from the standard Hewitt delivery model and manage these through the appropriate change control processes.
- Review and validate client requirements based on domain knowledge/expertise and understanding of the client's business process and challenges.
- Review and edit requirements artifacts including detailed requirements, process and data flows, and use cases.
- Understand business requirements to convert them into product/system specifications that fully represent the client requirements and the project requirements.
- Draft complex client proposals. Review client proposals created by Business Analysts.
- Design, Development, & Support
- Transfer the business need and requirements to the development team by supporting them 'hands-on' during the initial weeks.
- Do performance evaluation and implementation of the feasibility of the high-level design.
- Use the requirements documents to develop system-testing specifications.
- Attend the Test Design walkthroughs to help verify that the plans and conditions will test all functions and features effectively.
- Review test plans, test cases to ensure that all requirements are covered, and the documents are thorough.
- Contribute to the system configuration and integration testing.
- Provides support in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
- Support and manage UAT activity in conjunction with the test team.
- Assist in deploying/migrating the product within the client environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the service and provide guidance to resolve detailed system-related issues.
- Act as a resource throughout the life of a project to the Development Team to clarify the requirements, and manage any requirements changes resulting from development issues or business issues.
- Provide support to the development team, including consulting with client teams requesting custom functionality, etc.
- Project Planning, Tracking, & Reporting
- Responsible for ensuring that the overall deliverable meets the business need.
- Work with the Delivery Lead/DM/SDM to identify dependencies, opportunities, risks, costs, timelines, and assists with the creation of the delivery plan.
- Participate in project review meetings.
- Participate in key client meetings.
- Build business case to drive priorities on the team (e.g., by monitoring frequency of delivery issues or manual processes and the impact on cost, quality, participant satisfaction, etc.)
- Work with the Business Sponsor and Delivery Manager to determine if a change is made as part of the current project or as a later addition.
- As the client requests modifications to the ongoing service, work with the Delivery Manager to assess impact, define requirements, support analysis and design, perform testing, and launch the change.
- Manage and implement/support major system enhancements by establishing appropriate change management procedures (internal and external), identifying scope changes, and coordinating multi service strategies and issues.
- Support the rollout of new releases to the products by ensuring both technical and plan management needs are addressed.
- During the execution and control phases, stay connected to the project by frequent check-ins with the Project Manager and by participating in project review points such as the sponsor review, test plan walkthroughs, etc.
- Perform client management to anticipate needs, capitalize on existing opportunities, and deepen client relationships across projects.
- Work with the Project Manager, Delivery Manager and/or client to educate on ongoing administration and act as a subject matter expert liaising with the client regarding the rollout.
- Process Management
- Adhere to the Business Analysis model.
- Participate in root cause analysis.
- Assist with the creation of metrics to measure process and performance improvements.
- Analyze the ongoing process to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Identify root causes of delivery issues (e.g., system edits, manual processes, patterns in workflows, repeat calls etc.)
- Take a strong lead in working with the client team to understand areas of process improvement and develop solutions.
- Recommend process improvements and identify opportunities to define/follow standard operating procedures.
- Ensure effective delivery of communication and change management efforts related to processes and systems.
- Coach Process/Business Analysts on:
- Defining the project vision and eliciting high-level requirements
- Good facilitation and needs analysis skills to hold effective stakeholder interviews/workshops
- Developing Use Cases, reviewing test plans and test cases
- Managing requirements
- Act as an expert resource to alpha or beta client teams on system functionality and approach, including solving systems operations issues, and performance initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert (knowledge resource) for the team on such topics as process flows (workflows), data models, content requirements, integration with other functional areas (e.g. conversion, interfaces and reporting), processing procedures, application on business objectives, client-specific topics and alternatives for service delivery.
- Provide subject matter expertise to client, client team, shared services, and supporting services.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 6+ years of industry experience within Workforce Software required including:
- Experience gathering requirements via workshops and interviews and delivering the requirements documents.
- Experience creating use case models
- Experience working with a standard development process (e.g., HTP)
- Experience with process reengineering
- Experience with Implementation of HR support applications preferred
- Virtual work environment
- % of travel – Dependent on project assignment
- Occasional evening/weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Engineering or Computer Applications or relevant business experience
- Computer application certifications, as applicable.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.