Alight Solutions Is Looking For An AMS Workday Configuration Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our AMS business group within Alight Solutions.
Your Impact As An AMS Workday Configuration Manager
- Responsible for managing all stages of the project for the client, from requirements definition gathering to project planning and implementation.
- A major part of this position is to provide a proactive interface between the external clients and the internal staff to ensure effective coordination and delivery of Workday projects
- Individuals in this role are expected to champion a Workday product area within and outside of the team
- Analyzes, defines and documents complex business requirements and processes.
- Responsible for assisting the Resource Manager with staffing positions for configuration and updating the capacity planning sheet.
- Leads design and review sessions/workshops with technical and functional resources at all levels, including members of management.
- Understands the scope and details of project plan and is able to identify and communicate the need for resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages multiple, parallel projects using exceptional organizational and time management techniques to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs senior consultant duties as the lead functional consultant on Workday projects, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- As the lead Subject Matter Expert in a particular functional or technical area of Workday, will be expected to demonstrate deep knowledge and experience in this area of expertise. The SME will guide, recommend and lead the team as it relates to this area.
- The Subject Matter Expert will provide guidance on how their area of capability can help resolve client needs and actively participates in all phases of the Workday life cycle.
- Monitors and managers prioritization and progress of tasks against plan, and reports status to leadership on project issues.
- Establishes and maintains client relationships. Communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate. Responsible for overall client delivery and satisfaction as it relates to Workday configuration.
- Suggests improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answers all inquiries in a timely basis.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility for corporate funds, materials and resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge about the technology and participates in training and development initiatives to keep abreast of current trends and practices.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday sharing sessions, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information.
- Understands AMS impact to the overall business and the purpose and process of operating plans.
- Understands quality standards for own work and monitors and manages work of team members, providing feedback as appropriate.
- Completes assigned tasks in prescribed timelines consistent with deliverables and asks for support and direction as appropriate.
- May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as a People Manager.
Role-specific Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Typically possess demonstrable business experience (or equivalent), as well as in-depth knowledge of a functional area.
- Prioritizes and multi-tasks, responding with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission of the organization.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Represents the company and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
- Exchanges information with appropriate people to complete work, follows through on tasks and commitments and keep information confidential, as warranted. Demonstrates strong work ethics.
- Shares personal work experiences with co-workers in an effort to coach and develop the team.
- Possesses strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- Ability to recognize personal skills, abilities, limitations and strengths, taking appropriate action to pursue developmental activities to strengthen skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Mentors others in area on specialization to improve others skills.
- Assists with resource alignment and sharing when staffing projects to ensure client needs are met
- Understands, champions, and contributes Aon's Point of View in specialized area. Champions with team and clients.
- Heavily contributes to internal and external knowledge sharing sites. Is an "expect" in functional area of expertise.
- Proactively cultivates relationships with counterparts in CDS, Operations, and Workday in functional area of expertise
- Assists sales team in functional area of expertise. This may include, but is not limited to, participation in sales calls, development of sales sheets, assistance with estimation.
- Defines process and direction within AMS in functional area of expertise.
- Responsible for overall delivery of team within the functional area of expertise and escalation point for clients.
Education, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technical, business or financial discipline. MBA preferred.
- Workday certification a plus
- Previous program/project management experience required.
- Five years previous experience implementing HCM, Payroll, or Financial solutions or has deep HR, Payroll or Financial experience with a demonstrated aptitude for systems implementation.
- Experience implementing Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle or similar applications is preferred.
- Previous consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites up to 25%.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.