Alight Solutions Is Looking For Performance Team Managers (PTM)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Wealth Services business group within Alight Solutions. This role is open to candidates located in Atlanta, Bridgewater, Lincolnshire, Newport Beach, Norwalk, Orlando, Toronto or The Woodlands.
Your Impact As A Performance Team Manager
Accountable for the overall performance of a large/complex team including managing/developing the team and all aspects of delivery to ensure customer/ client satisfaction and the retention and expansion of business. Plans and manages work, monitors and reports on progress and serves as an escalation point for risks. Defines in measurable terms, the key indicators of team success. Drives customer focus grounded in strong relationships, and is responsible for building a sustainable delivery model that enables the team to meet and exceed contractual performance standards, deliver projects with quality leveraging best practices, and improve standard operations practices within the team.
This role can support either 'Changes' or 'Core' business initiatives:
Delivery Management (CHANGES):
- Manages the Changes Performance team using metrics and data with focus on project delivery, continuous improvement, confluence, and ownership of defect management or other applicable work packages.
- Ensures proper change order management from project initiation to transition to ongoing including requirements, system development, testing, and integration with Customer Care, Point Solutions, Shared Services and other applicable parties.
- May facilitate the creation and revisions of the iteration plan with the team. Collaborates with others to set milestones for the current iteration.
- May manage the overall iteration plan for the team and determine capacity and prioritization of work in the current iteration.
- Plans out deployment tasks, security audits, and UPoint releases
- Monitors progress against the team’s iteration plans.
- Clearly articulates project health and identifies specific actions, deadlines and accountabilities when course correction is needed.
Delivery Management (CORE):
- Manages the Core Performance team using metrics and data with a focus on the customer experience. Examples include participant inquiries, escalations, edits, ongoing delivery and work done by shared service groups such as Balanced Delivery Model or DPSS.
- Implements and monitors standard operations practices; adherence to best practices, proactive management of dashboard measures, scorecard, improvement plans, and adjustments to operations staffing.
- Integrates Core and Customer Care resources to provide seamless participant resolution support with a focus on participant experience.
- Partners with other Performance Team Managers to evaluate trends in the root cause analysis for defects and client escalations and translate them into ongoing delivery improvement initiatives.
- Working with internal partners, identifies and implements improvements to ongoing procedures, relationships, and training.
- Accountable for transition to ongoing and supports Client Acceptance Testing for an iteration.
- Owns defect management for defects owned by the core delivery team.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external projects plans, run status meetings and create/run project management reports
- Solid understanding of effective change order management
- Strong financial acumen – including the ability to estimate and monitor project costs and budgets, and do cost benefit analysis
- Strong knowledge of TBA system capabilities and functionality and SDLC
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Strong understanding of domain
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven management skills including solid coaching and feedback skills
- Ability to drive decisions and continuous improvement using data
- Intermediate knowledge of managing operations and/or knowledge of system capabilities and functionality
- Solid understanding of the Shared Service groups and ability to work with/leverage them effectively\
- Knowledge of internal policies, tools, resources and domain best practice
- Drives change by incorporating feedback to improve how the team and its internal partners operate, prioritize work and delivers projects creatively with fixed capacity and high quality while leveraging best practices.
- Ensures that projects are evaluated for cross-domain impact and managed accordingly.
Stakeholder and Relationship Management:
- Partners with domain leaders to influence and achieve team objectives.
- Owns communication of escalations, risks, issues (including E&Os), and priorities across external and internal stake holders.
- Effectively works with clients on core delivery and new projects as needed.
- Sets quality expectations and goals leveraging the operating system, collaborating with the team and other groups where appropriate, identifies process and training improvements and manages projects with a focus on quality and capacity creation.
- Reviews quality reports and metrics to ensure high quality software delivery.
Nurturing the Team:
- Drives the improvement of team performance by motivating and setting SMART goals aligned to Health goals.
- Builds relationships, assesses performance, provides career and development coaching, manages pay, and improves colleague engagement.
- Builds talent pipeline and partners with colleagues to determine growth opportunities with a focus on building unmatched talent
- Ensures team members have a training plan where skill development is needed.
- Creates channels for colleague retention and career opportunities
- Adheres to defined Colleague Connect routines
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 7+ years of experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of project and client management, Health and Welfare domain expertise, and or operational delivery.
- 7+ years of experience coaching and leveraging work through others including working with global teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.