Alight Solutions Is Looking For A Performance Team Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Advocacy business group within Alight Solutions in Lincolnshire, IL.
The Performance Team Manager (PTM) is a working manager who is accountable for the overall performance of the team and its team members.
- The PTM is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Advocacy delivery to ensure customer and client satisfaction, and the retention and future expansion of business. This includes planning and managing the work, empowering the team, monitoring and summarizing progress, managing and serving as an escalation point for risks, and for identifying and eliminating handoffs. The PTM manages all team deliverables and interactions, even in cases where direct client contact may not exist and is ultimately accountable to the client for the team’s body of work.
- The PTM defines in measurable terms, the key indicators of success for their team; drives customer/ client focus grounded in strong relationships, and is responsible for building a sustainable delivery model that enables the team to meet and exceed contractual performance standards, deliver projects with quality leveraging best practices, and improve standard operations practices within the team.
- The PTM is also responsible for managing and developing the team. Direct reports include Client Managers, and Advocate Team Managers. Development includes building relationships, assessing performance, providing career and development coaching focusing on skill growth, managing pay, and improving colleague engagement.
- The PTM is responsible for overseeing cross-client initiatives. He or she will independently create, execute, and monitore large-scale projects spanning up to 550 clients and 25 client management team members.
- The PTM reports to Advocacy Leader and is a member of the Advocacy Extended Leadership Team.
- Drives change by incorporating feedback to improve how the team operates, and delivers projects creatively with fixed capacity and high quality while leveraging best practices.
- Ensures that projects are evaluated for cross-domain impact and manged accordingly.
- Manages continuous improvement projects focusing on quality and capacity creation for the delivery and customer care teams.
- Initiates discussions and collaborates with the team and with groups outside of the Client Delivery Group to identify and implement improvements to ongoing procedures, relationships, and training.
- Understands the book of business in terms of clients, domain and projects.
- Stakeholder and Relationship Management:
- Develops strong working relationships with the Health leader and works closely on development and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Displays strong business acumen to address escalations with all stakeholders, and facilitates an open, constructive dialogue with all stakeholders on key issues and risks.
- Effectively prioritizes work across all client needs.
- Owns communication of risks and priorities across external and internal stake holders and utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate at multiple levels of the organization and with external partners, both technical and business aligned.
- Effectively works with clients on core delivery and new projects as needed.
- Delivery Management:
- Implements and monitors standard operations practices; adherence to best practices, proactive management of dashboard measures, scorecard, improvement plans, and adjustments to operations staffing.
- Integrates team resources with Customer Service resources to provide seamless participant resolution support with a focus on participant experience.
- Manages, tracks and improves capacity and utilization of resources.
- Partners with other Performance Team Managers to evaluate trends in the root cause analysis for defects and client escalations and translate them into ongoing delivery improvement initiatives.
- Initiates discussions and collaborate with the following groups to identify and implement improvements to ongoing procedures, relationships, and training: end- to-end Health including Customer Care, Shared Services, Point Solutions, etc.
- Uses metrics and data to understand and manage day-to-day operations and develops plans to improve results.
- Leads or participates in internal team delivery related meetings - scorecard meetings, delivery results review, etc., and participates in client operations and or project meetings.
- Accountable for transition to ongoing and supports Client Acceptance Testing for an iteration.
- Serves as a client point of contact for exceptionally complex operational issues, highly visible to the client, and or resulting in a significant E&O liability.
- Owns defect management for defects determined to be owned by the core delivery team.
- Issue & Risk Management:
- Accountable for creating and managing an issues log and risk plan/register for the project.
- Works with the team to proactively identify and implement risk mitigation strategies and aggressively manages the resolution of issues.
- Facilitates daily huddles with the team to assess progress and facilitates actions to remove risks/issues/barriers outside of the meeting.
- Quality Management:
- Sets quality expectations and goals for the team.
- Leverages the Operating System to ensure the team maintains quality throughout the project and is sustained ongoing.
- Reviews quality reports and metrics to ensure high quality delivery is delivered to clients.
- Identifies actions to improve team quality
- Nurturing the Team:
- Energizes the team and drives the improvement of team performance by setting SMART goals aligned to overall Health goals, and finding ways to motivate the team to do great work.
- Builds relationships, assesses performance, provides career and development coaching, manages pay, and improves colleague engagement.
- Effectively manages team member performance.
- Builds talent pipeline and partners with colleagues to determine growth opportunitties with a focus of buildingunmatched talent
- Ensures team members have a learning/training plan where re-skilling and skill broadening is needed.
- Works with the team on work assignments based on the best approach to get the work done, and develops team members into ‘utility players’.
- Creates channels for colleague retention and career opportunities
- Adheres to defined Colleague Connect routines
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Able to develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to the organization’s business operations.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas.
- Demonstrates flexibility - Working with global and off-shore resources may require flexible work hours to cover client and team shifts/timezones.
- Operates independently and with initiative according to established standards and principles.
- Manages, supervises and provide support, guidance and training to others.
All Performance Team Leaders should possess a strong background in project management and Health and Welfare domain knowledge, as well as technology or operations management with the following required skills/experience:
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external projects plans, run status meetings and create/run project management reports;
- Deep understanding of effective change order management
- Strong financial acumen – including the ability to estimate and monitor project costs and budgets, and do cost benefit analysis;
- Deep knowledge of TBA system capabilities and functionality and SDLC;
- Strong client relationship skills;
- Strong understanding of health domain;
- Effective communication and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong coaching and feedback skills;
- Ability to manage a team of colleagues including virtual workers
- Ability to drive decisions and continuous improvement using data;
- Advanced knowledge of managing operations and/or deep knowledge of system capabilities and functionality;
- Deep understanding of the Shared Service groups and ability to work with/leverage them effectively;
- Knowledge of internal policies, tools, and resources and Health and Welfare operational best practices;
- Strong cross cultural working ability;
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
7+ years of experience (and demonstrated competence, depth, and breadth) of project and client management, Health and Welfare domain expertise, and or operational delivery.
7+ years of experience coaching and leveraging work through others including working with global teams.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.