Payroll Tax Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help drive results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Tax Filing Shared Services business group within Alight Solutions.
Payroll Tax Analyst
- Weekly administration of payroll tax activities (federal, state, local withholdings) for assigned legal entities including distributions of tax remittances according to tax jurisdiction guidelines. Responsible for preparation, depositing and filing client payroll taxes as required by Federal, State and Local taxing authorities, and as authorized by management.
- Reconciles assigned companies' quarter-to-date and year-to-date wages and taxes to ensure accurate tax reporting. Respond to client and client team inquiries regarding tax filings and deposits.
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state and federal payroll tax returns.
- Responsible for calculation of P&I and abatement letter requests
- Will research and resolve payroll tax notices in a timely manner
- Responsible for peer review audits of closed agency notices and amended returns
- Identifies and resolves escalations or complex issues with strong emphasis on associated patterns, trends and root cause analysis.
- Process lead focused on Agency Relations processes
- Responsible for identification of issues; drives change for related improvements
- Communicates effectively with the client and internal partners regarding ongoing operations and problem solving with analysis/resolution of tax related issues
- Supports offshoring initiatives
- Supports formal internal and external audits
- Supports and provides investigation on regulatory and compliance issues
- Properly researches agency notices and documents SOP defects
- Supports testing and maintenance of tax filing software - MasterTax
- Works and supports new implementation of new clients
- Identifies and implements process improvements
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Two years payroll experience with emphasis on multi-state taxation in multiple legal entities.
- Knowledge and experience in payroll tax of multiple legal entity tax filings, accounting and/or related subject matter desired
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative guidelines desired
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to establish priorities
- Master Tax software experience desired
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel (if/then statements, pivot tables, macros, v-lookups, etc.)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
- Team player with ability to coordinate effort
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience (2 to 3 years of experience in multi-state payroll, tax and/or accounting)
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.