Alight Solutions (formerly Alight Hewitt) is looking for a Sr. Middleware Infrastructure Engineer!
If you have experience evaluating cloud offerings and deploying Azure OR AWS then this is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dynamic, growing team working with cutting edge technologies! We are adding a Senior Engineer to our Enterprise Engineering team for Database and Middleware services as we set strategy for middleware products (App and Web servers). You will drive automation and orchestration, define and deliver against product roadmaps for Middleware.
- Assist in defining strategies for Transaction middleware platform
- Evaluate new technologies and products
- Design, develop and certify infrastructure solutions for hosting and supporting middleware products
- Engineer and maintain Alight standard software stacks and roadmaps
- Develop support toolkits, technical standards and operational procedure
- Design and develop automation for higher efficiency
- Provide documentation for all engineering activities
- Provide L4 escalation support for the entire middleware platform
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum of 10 years of hands on experience of engineering and supporting Transaction middleware products including WebSphere Application Servers, Jboss, Apache, MQ and Tomcat
- Must have hands on experience with Docker
- Strong knowledge in Shell & Perl scripting and other common OS utilities such as AWK, Sed and regular expressions is required
- Expertise in designing and implementing infrastructure solutions for standardization and automation is required
- Proven expertise in defining architecture of products based on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Highly experienced in PaaS (Platform-as-a-service) architectures such as ElasticBeanStalk, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Openshift and Bluemix.
- Experience in creating product architectures based on microservices is highly desired. Experience with IoT is highly desired. Experience with developing mobile apps is highly desired.
- Proven expertise in developing contemporary continuous integration/continuous testing/continuous delivery (CI/CT/CD) pipelines
- Ability to bring new technology, define road map and integration technology to provide end to end IT solution.
- Strong automation experience using the products such as Puppet and Chef.
- Container based hosting solution
- PCF, Openshift and Kubernetes
- Tomcat, Jboss, and google doc
- Expertise in managing .NET architecture is a plus
- Experience of managing Middleware related monitoring tools, including, New Relic, Wily and Patrol is highly desirable.
- Exposure to enterprise level network infrastructure and firewall setup is preferred
- Exposure to virtualization technology is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advance degree is a plus
- ITIL/PMP background or certification a plus
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong technical skill-set and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Must be a solid team player and have the ability to interact with different architect, engineering and support teams within the organization
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Alight colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Alight Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Alight and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Alight Colleague Experience.
About Alight Solutions:
Introducing Alight Solutions: Leading benefits administration and cloud-based HR services provider
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Alight is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight's business units.